Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Proud as a Peacock


A brief post as I've resolved to do 500 words of my memoir writing project every day in August and need to avoid distractions.  Pleased with myself as I have actually done this though have decided to leave weekend days out.

Did want to share this beautiful peacock butterfly I saw this morning on my dog walk route.  Counted butterflies and logged them on the Big Butterfly Count website.  My tally: 10 small white, 4 green veined whites, 6 gatekeepers and this one glorious peacock which posed perfectly for me.  

6 comments:

  1. It's a lovely butterfly - haven't seen many this year despite the good weather. Good luck with your writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mairead-lovely to hear from you.

      Delete
  2. Wow - have never seen one like this over here. Lots of cabbage whites and a few red admirals but that's it. Kids adore them. We've actually had two come into the house in the past week. Wondering if they are running short of nectar? Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog btw...I can confirm the Morelli's ice-cream was epic in Portstewart! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it. Hope to sample some myself as I'm in Northern Ireland next Bank Holiday weekend.

      Delete
  3. It's so hard to capture butterflies! That is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous butterfly...
    Writing projects are so easy to get distracted from aren't they? I have to remind myself not to read blogs or go on pinterest when I'm studying and writing!
    Have a great weekend,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete