Thursday, 23 October 2014

Not Blogging, but...

struggling to cope.  Work demanding; not sleeping well; house a mess and depressing me.  List of things to do seems insurmountable.  Everyone grumpy at home.  And the things I enjoy are getting squeezed out.  This poem in my head a lot:

Not Waving but Drowning

BY STEVIE SMITH
Nobody heard him, the dead man,   
But still he lay moaning:
I was much further out than you thought   
And not waving but drowning.

Poor chap, he always loved larking
And now he’s dead
It must have been too cold for him his heart gave way,   
They said.

Oh, no no no, it was too cold always   
(Still the dead one lay moaning)   
I was much too far out all my life   
And not waving but drowning.


Half term soon.  Will return when I'm in a more positive frame of mind.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that life is so stressful at the moment. Thank you for the poem, it is one of my favourites and I too have it buzzing around my head when life throws too much at me at one time. Look forward to your return :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, do I sympathise. Know this poem all too well.
    Take care there, Doris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem! I know how you feel, I am spiralling downwards, steadily but unstoppable, all is getting too much. This morning, the puppy soiled his puppy cage and peed on my patchwork blanket, James keeps running away from the pup, not understanding that this is encouraging the creature to chase. He got bitten. Then he shouted at me he was going to kick my head (he is 7). That was all before 8 am. And I am not even working! I wonder if that might be better than the depressing tedium at home. Unfortunately I seem unemployable....
    I blog to fool myself into thinking I am ok. I hope you'll get some respite during half term, maybe even before then. Maybe if you managed to squeeze something enjoyable into your day, the rest might be more bearable? I find listening to an audiobook whilst doing a chore is quite enjoyable, not quite as good as reading a book in front of the fire but it takes the edge of stress. It also blends the noise of the grumpies out... I look forward to catching up with you, I so enjoy stopping by. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. well mercury has been retrograde for a couple of weeks, but that ends tomorrow, and we have a solar eclipse today. So hopefully it will all settle down soon! A full on time for everyone! I agree the important things are being squeezed out by everything else! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's horrible when everything is getting you down. Hopefully a break at half term will help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate that feeling of being overwhelmed too! When you don't know where to start because Everything is a mess. We all get days/weeks like that, and they are horrible. Hope you get a wee bit of time soon to sort things out X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry that you're feeling like this Doris. I do hope you manage to recharge during half term and get on top of things again. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete