Saturday, 30 April 2016

Five on Friday: things I have been doing while not blogging


I've been absent for a bit. Here's why. Joining with Amy for Five on Friday.

We've been planning to move for a while and after the Easter holiday decided to put our house on the market again. So I've been:

1. Spending my usual Saturday morning blogging slot super-cleaning the house, shoving stuff into cupboards etc. ready for weekend viewings.

2. Politely tolerating those who clearly have no intention to buy and gritting my teeth at their implied criticism of our undersized bedrooms ('But where would you put a dressing table?'), lack of proper garage and dog-damaged lawn.

3. Getting over the shock of actually receiving an acceptable offer and facing the prospect of moving out of this house which has been our home for nearly 15 years.

4. Spending hours on Rightmove trying to find our next home.  This is exciting but also scary as it's such a big decision.  We're viewing some houses ourselves today - I'll try to be kind.

5. Feeling sad that I'll be leaving our lovely, peaceful garden  (pictured above as it looks this morning) behind, but happier that we won't be so car dependent.  We want to live somewhere we don't have get into the car every time we run out of milk.

Thanks for the comments on my last post. about my insomnia. I also received a lovely supportive letter from my cousin who reads this.  The programme seems to be working and I am sleeping well most nights.

15 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I can certainly relate to this post! It is stressful and exciting and yes I also feel sad that I will be leaving our home of 15 years. I hope everything goes well for you and you find your next home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your move, crazy months ahead but then you'll be settled again, maybe with a window box. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Doris, ,oving house is stressful with so much to be done.
    Your garden looks well established so I hope you get something similar in your next home.
    Good luck
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you good luck for your house search, it sounds exiting. I am glad to hear you are sleeping well, it is so important to get a good rest. I was thinking of you the other night when I felt restless and couldn't sleep and I felt grateful that my sleep is generally restful and deep. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting times, if a little stressful. Hope all goes well with your move.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your move. A scary and exciting time ahead and I hope all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moving is so hard. We really need to downsize, but neither of us are quite ready to face a move.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best of luck on the house search. I want to sell our house and move to a walkable town, but I'm afraid we'll be in the same predicament as you. I think the only smart move is to rent an apartment until we know exactly where we end up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best of luck with your move, it is a stressful time that is for sure. Hang in there,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure you have been so busy and will be busy with your upcoming move. I hope that you find the perfect home and that your move goes well. Wishing all the best for the upcoming week, Pat :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am amazed at the things that people say when viewing houses, you wonder where they live - or think they live - don't you. So glad you have had an offer already, I hope that you find a new home that you love and that it all goes through quickly and smoothly. Thank you for joining Five On Friday, I hope you have had a fun weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I've been meaning to join you again for ages. We think we've found somewhere we want to move though not so sure it will all work out.

      Delete
  12. Hey Doris,
    Best of luck with the house search. When we (briefly) put our house on the market a couple of years ago, I was unprepared for the rude comments of potential buyers. One commented that they could tell we had children living here, because it all look so 'scuffed.' Scuff you, thought I ;))
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope all goes smoothly with selling your house and finding a new home, Doris. Your garden looks very peaceful and green. Glad you're sleeping better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh gosh best of luck with everything! Stressfull but exciting! X

    ReplyDelete