Saturday, 30 April 2016
Five on Friday: things I have been doing while not blogging
I've been absent for a bit. Here's why. Joining with Amy for Five on Friday.
We've been planning to move for a while and after the Easter holiday decided to put our house on the market again. So I've been:
1. Spending my usual Saturday morning blogging slot super-cleaning the house, shoving stuff into cupboards etc. ready for weekend viewings.
2. Politely tolerating those who clearly have no intention to buy and gritting my teeth at their implied criticism of our undersized bedrooms ('But where would you put a dressing table?'), lack of proper garage and dog-damaged lawn.
3. Getting over the shock of actually receiving an acceptable offer and facing the prospect of moving out of this house which has been our home for nearly 15 years.
4. Spending hours on Rightmove trying to find our next home. This is exciting but also scary as it's such a big decision. We're viewing some houses ourselves today - I'll try to be kind.
5. Feeling sad that I'll be leaving our lovely, peaceful garden (pictured above as it looks this morning) behind, but happier that we won't be so car dependent. We want to live somewhere we don't have get into the car every time we run out of milk.
Thanks for the comments on my last post. about my insomnia. I also received a lovely supportive letter from my cousin who reads this. The programme seems to be working and I am sleeping well most nights.