Tuesday, 2 February 2016

Celtic and Other Connections


If you read Christina's Colourful Life, you'll know where I was at the weekend.  We went to Glasgow to the Celtic Collections music festival.  My husband goes every year and this time I managed to join him, escaping from school early on Friday afternoon. I enjoyed the concert, but what I enjoyed just as much was meeting Christina who lives in Glasgow. Even though I suggested the meet up, I was a bit uncertain.  Would it be awkward? Would we have anything to say to each other in real life?  Well the answer is, yes we did - she was friendly and chatty and I felt like I'd known her for ages.  Before the concert we met her in a pub on George Square, a former bank which was very impressive.  We recognised each other straight away - she was wearing the blue duffle coat she'd made herself and blogged about.  So we talked about our families and books and work and all sorts really.  I already knew a lot about her as I've been reading her post regularly for a couple of years.  Then we went and had a meal in the fish restaurant we always go to when in Glasgow, Gandolphi Fish, and chatted some more.  I'm convinced now of the value of blogging - you can actually make friends online.  No time to write more now - need to get ready for work.




7 comments:

  1. Hey Doris,

    I have made so many friendships through blogging. It is a constant source of support and solidarity for me. I met Christina last year; she is very lovely lady. I'm glad you two were able to hook up.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am feeling liked this morning, thank you. Hope work is not too hectic this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How marvellous! The blogging community really is a wonderful place! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to meet a fellow blogger in person! I got to do that a couple of years ago and it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read about this on Christina's blog. I love meeting other bloggers, it's so nice to put a face to a name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How great to meet another blogger, like a blind date, only not quite, as you already know something about them! Glad you had a good weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a great time at the concert and meeting Christina! Meeting bloggers is great isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete