Thursday, 13 June 2013

52 Weeks of Happy 6/52: A Flower-y Post

Blogging on the back burner for now as I'm still marking poetry papers.  Just about halfway now.  So just a quick happy post. Joining with Jen again at little birdie 

1. Tea - sustained in my endeavours by many cups of tea from my favourite Emma Bridgewater flower mug.


2. Long evenings of daylight.  Ten o'clock and the birds are still singing.  We took advantage this evening and walked the dog late.  A bit chilly but at least the rain had gone.  And it's so lush and green everywhere.  Cow parsley, buttercups and those big daisies that we used for playing 'he loves me; he loves me not', tearing the petals off to find out the future!

3. Noticed also the dog roses are beginning to flower on the hedges around the village.  Love these - delicate, simple beauty

4. Planning our holiday, the reward for all this marking misery. Currently considering Cornwall (a spot of alliteration there - still in poetry mode) as I've been inspired by pictures on some my favourite blogs. (Today's Stuff by Leanne which features St Ives for example)  Perhaps Padstow (there I go again), if we can find a cottage which accepts dogs.  But after last year's UK holiday in Northumberland (below, cold and wet by Warkworth Castle) I'd really like some sunshine.... 
There's some flowers in this picture too - daisies on Kate's headband if you look closely. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Doris
    I read your comment on Jens blog - and I had to pop over so now I'm reading............... I love your happies and hope you get to Cornwall
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You've made me happy again with your comment. Now booked a cottage in Padstow. So let's hope for sunshine.

    ReplyDelete