Saturday, 16 February 2013

Monochrome at M&S, Next and Hobbs



One of the spring trends which appeals to me a lot is monochrome as worn by the wonderful Emili Sande above.  Loved all her clothes in the feature about her which appeared in last week's Sunday Times Style Magazine.  This is actually a shirt by Stella McCartney and a jumper apparently by a Northern Ireland designer called JW Anderson but the basic black/white contrast is there. (Or perhaps it's navy- if so I am talking nonsense!)  Also bought a Woman and Home magazine which is quite good for fashion at fifty and there's also a lot of monochrone in there.

Marks and Spencer Crosshatch Print Mini £29.50
So have been trying to find a monochrome item within my limited budget to update my spring wardrobe.  Turned to M&S first mainly because they'd sent me a 20% code - I have an account.  Spotted a couple of skirts and read the reviews which were mostly good.  So did an online order for the skirt above, the Crosshatch Print Mini, in 10 and 12 as the reviews said the sizing was generous. It also comes in two lengths, 18ins is a bit short for me but I'm happy with 21ins which is just above my knee as I'm about 5'3.
Next Black and White Jacquard Dress £45
Went yesterday to pick it up and try it on.  The good news is that I am a size 10 according to M&S; the bad is that somehow I just didn't like it on me.  It didn't help that Fashion Girl hated it, saying that the print looked like curtain fabric. I love the way the model above looks in it but as FG rather cruelly pointed out I'm bigger than that and it just doesn't work.  May have a look this morning at Next as there's a dress in there we both like after a spot of Directory browsing last night.  Would have to wear a jacket or shrug type cardigan as its sleeveless and not so keen on my upper arms. But it's a move away from the Boden print dresses I'm getting bored with.

But the one I really covet is in Hobbs and at £190 is way out of my budget.  Here it is for the record.       
 


                           




















No comments:

Post a Comment