Tuesday, 19 February 2013

No Dedicated Follower of Fashion



 So the sun has eventually come out for a while at least and so I have abandoned my attempts to dress with style and instead have donned various comfy bits of unstylish clothing to do some gardening in the last few days.  Found some brave primroses blooming already in a sheltered corner and enjoyed hacking big lumps off an overgrown golden elder.  And we took our furry friend (above) on  a very muddy walk at the weekend.  Haven't included pics of me looking less than glamorous in walking boots and frayed jeans.

Have also been spring cleaning and rearranging furniture inside.  Something about springtime and all that light that makes me want to redecorate. Also inspired by bumper pack of magazines I treated myself to for half term which had a two interiors titles as well as my usual 'Woman and Home'


 And have discovered new blog about interiors that I like Lottie's Interiors . Not keen on doing too much to our house since we're hoping to move but did put some things back on display which I'd put away in an attempt to create a blank canvas for buyers. More on this in future posts.

So because of these distractions haven't got very much further in my search for the perfect monochrome item to update my wardrobe.  Tried the dress in Next featured in the previous entry.  It's a lovely dress with bright orange lining and seems well made with thick brocade fabric.  But it didn't look right on me - gaped at the top in the 12 and I couldn't really downsize as it fitted my bottom half. I took a photo with my phone but it was so awful I won't print it - had no tights with me so it featured my very pale legs.

Still looking, though not sure I am that keen on the full chequerboard effect as seen in this outfit in Woman and Home. (Hideous handbag!) There was an advert on TV today for Matalan promoting their monochrome range so will have a look there.  I've never had much success with shopping in Matalan but my sister has.  And it fits my current budget. 





No comments:

Post a Comment