Thursday, 10 January 2013

The Capsule Wardrobe: What I Wore Day One

Slim leg Trousers, grey ribbed polo,  waterfall cardigan, necklace.  All M&S

Have chosen my 33 items which will form my capsule wardrobe for the next three months, by which time I hope it will be getting warmer and I can switch to Spring/Summer clothes.  Have decided to post what I wear weekly as attempts to photograph outfits without me in them haven't worked very well.  I'd also like to have a record of what the clothes actually look like on me.  Above is my choice for Day One - a work outfit which I repeat fairly often (despite it being shades of grey).

I love these trousers and found them with the help of stylist Beth Goodrham at Style Guile.
She told me I didn't have to stick to the boot cut styles Gok advises for those of us with bottom and thighs.  They are from M&S and are still available this season in the same cut but with slightly different styling of the zips etc.

Here's the list then and a collage picture featuring most of the items:

1. Red Winter Coat from Jigsaw outlet
2. Dark Purple Doublebreasted Moleskin Winter Coat with leather trim from Next last year
3. Black/White Herringbone Jacket (Next several seasons ago)
4. Brown Leather Jacket (Lakeland Leathers)
5. Black Work Jacket (Next)
6. Red/Black Geometric Print Skirt (Phase Eight, new this year)
7. Suede Skirt (M&S Sale Bargain last year)
8. Navy Work Skirt with leather trim and zip detail (Next)
9. Shadow Print Skirt (Boden)
10. Navy Fine Knit Cardigan (M&S)
11. Bright blue cardigan with silver buttons (Next)
12. Mini Pansy Print Dress in Pine (Boden)
13. Colourblock Tunic Dress (Boden)
14. Purple/Grey Fine Cord Print Dress (Boden)
15. White Shirt (Next)
16. Teal Reindeer Print top (Next)
17. Denim Shirt (Next)
18. Burnt Orange Jumper (Next)
19. Black Slimleg Trousers (M&S) 
20. Highwaisted Bootcut Lift and Shape Jeans (Next)
21. Black Cotton Tapered Trousers (Next)
22. Grey Boxy Cable Knit Cardigan (Celtic Sheepskin)
23. Grey Waterfall Cardigan (M&S)
24. Navy Sequin Jumper (Next)
25. Blue long sleeved Cotton Scoop Neck Top (Next)
26. Black long sleeved Cotton T Shirt (Next)
27. Black Ribbed Polo (Next)
28. Grey Ribbed Polo (M&S)
29. Black Patent Mock Croc Flat Boots (Gabor)
30. Tan Lotte Beccles Ankle Boots (Clarks)
31. Black Patent Mid Heel shoes (Gabor)
32. Black Brogues with heel (Clarks)

33. All accessories - scarves, necklaces, bag etc.


Ok so I am cheating lumping all the accessories together.  But it's my new slimmed down wardrobe is a an improvement on the confused clutter that used to reside there.

Would love to hear any views or advice on my version of Project 333.


No comments:

Post a Comment