Sunday, 13 January 2013

Warmth versus Style in Boden and Next

 Wardrobe items: 28, 14, 29
M&S Polo, Boden Tunic Dress, Black Patent Boots

My choice of clothing from the capsule warbrobe is a bit limited now that winter has started to bite: none of my dresses is particulary warm.  So on Friday I layered a grey polo under this Boden dress and added a necklace.  The dress looks better without the polo really - not sure this works.  But at least I was warm. Also added number 23 (it's like a takeaway menu), the M&S grey waterfall cardigan, at one point but then took it off in work when it warmed up and left it there in a classroom somewhere.  Hope it hasn't disappeared into lost property, buried under a pile of discarded blazers and smelly socks.  

Tan Ankle Boots form Clarks

Orla Keily Scarf
I also have a photo of Saturday's outfit but I look horrible so I won't print it.  Perhaps I should use headless photos which seem to be the practice in some of the fashion blogs I have read.  I put my denim shirt (17) over the black narrow leg trousers (21) and wore my tan ankle boots (30).  Would have been happier in jeans but Fashion Girl tells me double denim is not acceptable.  And these trousers didn't cover my ankle boots which are one of my favourite wardrobe items right now.  Added my lovely Orla Keily print scarf from Uniqlo.  It was a real bargain at only £9.99 -great quality for the price and everyone admires it.  Thanks again to Beth at Style Guile who blog spotted it and wrote about it in her blog.

On Sunday Fashion Girl said she'd choose my outfit.  Below is what she selected. No 16, the Teal Reindeer Print top from Next. With short sleeves.  Even layering it over a cami (underwear, so doesn't count in the 33), I was still freezing.  She of course never feels the cold and was wearing her usual shorts and tights combo. Sub-zero outside at that time so I added 22, Grey Cardigan and the scarf again for warmth and have felt cosy all day.   Not sure about the reindeer print when I first bought this top from Next.  Was it another item that was just for Christmas? But love the colour, the fabric and the shape - the way it flows out and then is nipped in again is very flattering.  And to be honest you can't see that they are reindeer unless you look closely.  In the Spring/Summer directory there's one with mini-elephants on it and a jumper with a huge cat on the front.  What is going on with animal thing?  The cat one is hideous.















 


No comments:

Post a Comment